Date: Tuesday 7th July 2015
We asked our in-house baking experts for their top tips to help you achieve your best gluten free bakes. Here's what they said...
1. Do you use measuring cups to measure your ingredients? Did you know that taking your flour mix from the bag with your measuring cup could be compressing the flour mix, and throwing off your measurements? Sometimes by as much as 25%. Glutafin suggests using a spoon to scoop flour into the measuring cup and then levelling off the measuring cup with a knife instead.
2. Did you know that the temperature of your baking ingredients could be affecting their effectiveness? It is particularly important for recipes which use yeast that you bring the rest of the ingredients such as eggs to room temperature, before adding them together to make your dish.
3. Did you know that leaving your bread in the bread maker can affect the crust? At Glutafin we advise leaving the cooked loaf for 10 minutes as this leaves the best crust, and often prevents the paddle getting stuck in the loaf too.
4. Did you know that some gluten free cakes can sink when they’re taken out of the oven, due to the difference in temperature? As Glutafin we advise that once the cake is cooked, you turn off the oven and leave the door open for a few minutes to achieve the best results.
5. Did you know that gluten free cookies and biscuits often need to be given time to harden after cooking, for the best results? Glutafin suggest you wait a few hours between cooking these bakes, and enjoying them.
The Glutafin Team
To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.