If you or someone you love has been recently diagnosed with coeliac disease, you could be eligible to receive gluten free foods on prescription. Simply select your country of residence, and, if you live in England, fill in your postcode to check if your area is prescribing.
Your country is prescribing gluten free foods*. Request your Glutafin Taster Box by clicking the button below to sign up.
* Please note: local policies are constantly updated, and issuing a prescription is at the discretion of your GP.
Create your very own show stopper! We love this naked Christmas cake as an alternative to the usual traditional cake.
375g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
¾ tsp salt
3 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp ginger
220g butter, softened
150g light brown sugar
200g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g Black treacle
75g Golden Syrup
125g salted butter
75g cream cheese
125g mascarpone cheese
400g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Sprigs of Rosemary
Gingerbread reindeer (Make one third quantity of Glutafin Gingerbread Xmas trees recipe)
1. Grease and line the base of 3 x 20cm cake tins with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C/Gas 4.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl in the order listed above.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter. Add sugars and mix until well combined and creamy. Add the eggs, 2 at a time, and mix until just combined. Add the treacle, syrup & vanilla and mix, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well incorporated.
4. Add one third of the dry mixture, then mix. Add one third of the buttermilk, then mix. Repeat until everything is well incorporated.
5. Evenly distribute the batter between the three pans (roughly 540g each) Bake for 24-27 minutes, or until cake layers look just done and a skewer comes out clean
6. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling racks. Let cool completely before decorating.
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter. Add cream cheese and mix. Add mascarpone cheese and mix. Sift in the icing sugar in 3 batches, and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and salt and mix.
2. Divide icing into 3. Place one cake layer down on your board, and place a spoon of icing in the centre. Spread it out and over the edges of the cake. Repeat with second layer.
3. Use remaining icing to cover the top of the cake and dot the bare sides of the cake all the way around. With a cake smoother or palette knife smooth the dots of icing all over to create a roughly coated but smooth effect. Decorate with the rosemary trees and gingerbread reindeer.
If you are using sugar based Christmas cake decorations, these tend to be gluten free, but we would always recommend you check the ingredients label.