Glutafin's new dietitian
Date: Friday 30th November 2012
Hello, Thank you for reading Glutafin's blog on me. My name is Jaclyn. I joined the Glutafin team in July 2012. I am currently attending a large amount of Coeliac UK group events or being at Glutafin's events or any food fairs. You may have seen me already!
I thought it may be best to give you some information into my dietitian background:
- I am a qualified dietitian and started my career as a junior dietitian in the NHS covering all areas of dietetics including, nutritional support, gastroenterology, surgery, elderly care, mental health, eating disorders and general outpatient clinics.
- After working as a junior dietitian I specialised as a senior gastroenterology dietitian. This meant I saw patients with disorders of the gastrointestinal system such as crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, IBS and coeliac disease.
- My passion for coeliac disease came around having lived for many years with people who suffered from this clinical condition, seeing them on a daily basis.
- During my work as a specialist dietitian in the NHS I saw and treated many people with coeliac disease, both when newly diagnosed on the ward or as an outpatient in one of my specialist coeliac clinics.
- Alongside my dedication to help treat and support patients with coeliac disease I have featured on Channel 4 television program dispatches, have written articles for both Channel 4 and the Nursing Standard Journal.
I also regularly answer your questions on a gluten free diet, living with coeliac disease or provide Coeliac UK groups with new ideas for their events. I am also happy to give talks about living gluten free too!
You can email me with any of your questions to email@example.com or call me free on 0800 988 2470.
Here are some of the gluten free questions I have already answered, which may help you.