If you or someone you love has been recently diagnosed with coeliac disease, you could be eligible to receive gluten free foods on prescription. Simply select your country of residence, and, if you live in England, fill in your postcode to check if your area is prescribing.
Your country is prescribing gluten free foods*. Request your Glutafin Taster Box by clicking the button below to sign up.
* Please note: local policies are constantly updated, and issuing a prescription is at the discretion of your GP.
A hint of spice makes these biscuits super tasty. Ideal to use as a Christmas Placeholder, a Christmas Tree Decoration or…simply to eat!
325g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix
½ tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 egg, beaten
75g muscovado sugar
75g golden syrup
1 tsp. ground mixed spice
3 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white
180g icing sugar
½ tsp lemon juice
1. Combine the sugar, syrup and butter in a bowl, cover and microwave for 2 minutes in 30 second bursts until melted. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
2. Stir the flour mix, baking powder, xanthan gum and spices into the melted mix. Stir in the egg using a wooden spoon and then by hand, bring together to make a sticky ball of biscuit dough.
3. Lay out a piece of baking parchment the size of your tray. Roll out dough to the thickness of a £ 1 coin. Cut out star shapes or as desired. Pull away excess dough and rest biscuit on the paper onto a baking sheet.
4. Repeat with the remaining dough, re-rolling trimmings.
5. Bake for 14-15 minutes at 180°C/160°C/Gas 4 until just starting to brown. Allow to cool and go crisp before removing from the paper.
6. Decorate with icing as desired and store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.
1. On a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg white in a clean, large bowl with the mixer at high speed until foamy, around 2 minutes.
2. Gradually add sifted sugar spoonful by spoonful followed by the lemon juice.
3. Beat at high speed until thickened.