Date: Friday 22nd November 2013
So simple to make yet a definite crowd pleaser this Christmas using Glutafin Gluten Free Mini Crackers.
36 Glutafin Gluten Free Mini Crackers
4 Plum Tomatoes, roughly chopped
150g Mozzerella Cheese (grated)
2 Red Onions, finely chopped
4 tbsp finely grated Parmasan Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 230°C/400°C/GasMark8
2. Place the Glutafin Gluten Free Mini Crackers on a baking tray and top with plum tomatoes and grated mozzerella cheese
3. Bake for 8 minutes (until cheese has melted slightly)
4. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining ingredients
Treat santa to flapjack bites with a glass of milk this year, made with Glutafin Gluten Free Cornflakes.
100g Gluten Free Porridge Oats
150g Glutafin Gluten Free Cornflakes, crushed
110g Light Brown Sugar
60g Golden Syrup
50g Gluten Free Chocolate Chips or Dried Fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/GasMark3/320°F.
2. Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a small pan gently over a low heat, stir well to combine the ingredients.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, fold in the cornflakes, Gluten Free oats, Chocolate Chips or Dried Fruit.
5. Press the mixture into a pre-lined baking tray, place in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
6. Remove from the oven, leave the flapjack aside to set for 10 minutes before gently cutting into 12 squares.
Try making our all time favourite Christmas Cake using Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose Fibre Mix.
450g/16oz Mixed Dried Fruit
110g/4oz Pitted dates (stones removed and finely chopped)
50g/2oz Glace cherries (halved)
225g/8oz Dark soft brown sugar
2 x 15ml tbsp Black treacle
2 Large oranges (grated zest and 150ml/1/4pt juice of)
110g/4oz Ground almonds
2 x 5ml tsp Ground mixed spice
1 x 5ml tsp Xanthan gum
4 Medium eggs
1. Line the base and sides of a deep 20cm/8inches cake tin with a double layer of greased baking parchment paper ensuring the sides of the paper come up at least 5cm/2inches above the top rim of the tin.
2. Place soaking mix ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes or until the butter has just started to melt. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the mixture is just simmering. Stir and set aside to soak for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
3. Place Glutafin Mix into a large mixing bowl with the remaining cake mix ingredients. Stir in the soaked fruit mix with a wooden spoon and beat together until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin. Smooth the top surface with a spatula.
5. Place on the bottom shelf of a preheated oven and cook for 2 hours at 150ºC/140ºC/Fan300ºF/GasMark2. Lower the temperature to 140ºC/130ºCFan/275ºF/GasMark1 and cook for a further 1 and a half to 2 hours.
6. Test the cake to check if it is cooked by inserting a fine skewer into the centre; if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. If the cake requires additional cooking retest every 20 minutes until the skewer comes out clean.
7. Rest cooked cake on a cooling tray and leave until completely cold before turning out. Store cooled cake wrapped in baking parchment paper in an airtight tin or wrapped in foil and keep in a cool place.
8. Marzipan and ice with fondant or royal icing as required.
A delicious creamy cheesecake with a crunchy biscuit base topped with fresh berries – made using Glutafin Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits and Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix.
150g Glutafin Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits, crushed
50g Flaked almonds, chopped
75g butter, melted
225g ricotta cheese
2 Lemons, grated zest of both and juice of 1
85g Caster sugar
50g Ground almonds
25g Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
200ml whipping cream, whipped
250 Fresh Berries
25g Icing sugar
1. Combine Glutafin Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits with the chopped almond flakes and melted butter.
2. Spoon crumb mixture into a 20cm spring form loose bottom round tin, base lined with baking parchment and level. Cook for 15 minutes until the almonds are just beginning to toast.
3. Place all filling ingredients in a food processor and whiz to a smooth paste. Spoon cheesecake mix onto the biscuit base and cook for 40-45 minutes until the filling has just set.
Once cool chill for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile prepare the fresh berry topping. Place the berries in a bowl with the icing sugar.
Leave for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
5. Just before serving remove cheesecake from the tin and top with the berries.
Top dusted with icing sugar if desired.
We hope this inspires you to be creative with your Glutafin products this Christmas! We always love to hear from our customers at Glutafin HQ so make sure you send your most creative dishes to email@example.com.
-The Glutafin Team
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.