Date: Wednesday 2nd November 2016
In need of some party food inspiration? Here are some of our recent snack ideas, perfect for both family and friends.
This is something a little different from your everyday Nachos, but still just as tasty.
1 Pack of Glutafin Gluten Free Crackers
1 Tex-Mex dipping selection (guacamole, salsa & sour cream)
1 Pack of ready to eat pulled pork
1 tbsp maple syrup
100g Cheddar cheese
Fry off the onions with 1tbsp maple syrup until browned
Arrange a dish with a layer of crackers before topping with a layer of onions, a layer of cheese and a layer of pulled pork
Repeat until all the crackers, cheese and onions are gone
Bake on 180C for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted
Top with sour cream, guacamole and salsa
We all get bored of the same old sandwiches, let’s mix it up and make them more exciting! The bread pizzas are quick, easy and most importantly… delicious!
Ingredients (serves 5)
5 slices glutafin fresh white bread
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 crushed garlic glove
Handful chopped fresh basil
½ ball mozzarella
1. Toast the bread and cut with the cookie cutters.
2. Mix the tomato paste with herbs and crushed garlic before spreading onto the cut toast.
3. Top with mozzarella and grill for 5 minutes.
A twist on your standard nachos, for those who will only be satisfied with sweet.
1 Pack Glutafin Gluten Free Crackers
100g Gluten free marshmallows*
Nutella to drizzle
*Refer to Coeliac UK guide
Arrange the crackers, blueberries, sliced plumb and marshmallows evenly around the dish
Bake for 20 minutes on 180C (until marshmallows and plumb have gone soft)
Drizzle with Nutella before serving
We’ve been raiding our sisters cupboard and came away with some tasty Schar Mini O’s, shhhh don’t tell her.
Here we have some delicious chocolate cupcakes topped with mini o’s – these are guaranteed to be a hit, whether you’re coeliac or not.
125g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
110g butter (room temperature)
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs (beaten)
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp gluten free baking powder*
2 tsp milk
1 Pack of Schar Gluten Free Mini O’s
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
50g butter (at room temperature)
15g cocoa powder
85g icing sugar
1. Cream together butter and sugar for 1 minute with a hand held electric mixer.
2. Add all the other ingredients and whisk again for a further 2 minutes.
3. Place 1 heaped teaspoon mixture into each fairy bun case.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 for 20 - 25 minutes.
5. When cooked, allow to cool before decorating.
6. For the icing: beat butter until soft and then gradually add the icing sugar and cocoa powder
7. Pipe the icing onto the top of the cupcake and decorate with half a Mini O and also sprinkle with crushed Mini O’s.
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.