Date: Tuesday 5th November 2013
Happy Bonfire Night everyone!
Whether you are celebrating with a hearty dinner before heading out into the winter cold or filling up on fireside sweet treats, Glutafin have got the perfect recipe for you...
Ingredients for casserole
1 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs made from Glutafin Gluten Free Select White Loaf/ Fresh White Loaf
6 Thick gluten free sausages (i.e. Black Farmer Gluten Free Pork Sausages)
1tsp Olive oil (for frying)
2 Onions (peeled and sliced)
5 Rosemary Sprigs
1 Large glass of red wine
2 x 400g Chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g Cannellini beans
2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and sliced)
4 Small dried chillies (crumbled)
Ingredients for Herb Dumplings
225g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
115g Gluten Free Suet
1 x 15ml Chopped flat leaf parsley
½ Cup of water
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1. Place the sausages in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil
2. Add the onions, 2-3 sprigs of Rosemary and salt and pepper to the pan
3. Place on a medium heat and stir gently. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until evenly browned
4. Pour the glass of red wine into the pan and simmer until its almost gone. Then add the tomatoes and beans.
5. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes
6. Either continue to cook on the hob or add casserole to a baking dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes
7. While this is baking, add to a frying pan a drizzle of olive oil, the garlic, chilli, the leaves of the remaining rosemary and the breadcrumbs and stir fry until a golden brown colour.
8. When the casserole is ready, sprinkle the cooked breadcrumb mix over the top.
9. Add dumplings from method below
10. Return the casserole to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
Method for Dumplings
1. Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Roll into small dumpling balls.
This simple hot dog recipe filled with your favourite toppings is a perfect snack to enjoy with friends this Bonfire Night.
2 Gluten Free Pork Sausages
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Glutafin Gluten Free Select part-baked long white roll
3-4 tbsp Of your favourite topping (i.e tomato ketchup)
1 Red Onion (chopped)
1. Cook sausages in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Place the sliced red onion in a separate frying pan and cook until transparent.
3. Cut the Glutafin Gluten Free part baked roll in half and spread with your favourite topping (as desired).
4. Place the gluten free sausages on top with the fried onion.
These gorgeous cupcakes make the perfect sweet treat for the little ones this Bonfire Night!
110g Butter (softned)
225g Caster Sugar
50g White Chocolate
200g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
2 Medium eggs
1 x 5ml tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
1 x 5ml tsp Xanthan Gum (option)
1 x 5ml tsp Vanilla Extract
150ml Soured Cream
225g Butter (softned)
450g Icing sugar (sieved)
1 x 5ml tsp Vanilla Extract
50g White and Milk Chocolate Buttons
1.Whisk butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
2.Melt the white chocolate very gently on a low power microwave setting for 1 minute or until just liquid. (Keep checking as white chocolate easily overheats and burns).
3.Add the melted chocolate and the remaining cake ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar and whisk for 1 minute until combined.
4.Spoon cake batter into muffin cases resting in muffin trays. Bake until golden and the mixture is just firm to the touch. Leave to cool and prepare icing.
5.Beat icing ingredients together until light and fluffy. Either smooth onto cup cakes or pipe into a spiral. Top with chocolate buttons or suitable decorations.
Ingredients for Toffee Apple sauce
75g Demerara sugar
4 Dessert apples (Granny Smiths are ideal, peeled, cored and sliced)
Ingredients for the sponge
150ml Medium or sweet cider
110g Butter (room temperature)
110g Molasses Sugar
250g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
1 ½ x 5ml tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
½ x 5ml tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Medium Eggs (lightly whisked)
1.Prepare caramel. Melt butter and stir in sugar. Pour into a greased and lined, solid-based, round cake tin. Cover caramel with the sliced apple and set aside.
2.Prepare sponge. Simmer cider until reduced by half. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and sugar until melted.
3.Place remaining sponge ingredients into a medium size bowl. Beat in the cider mixture with a wooden spoon to make a stiff batter consistency. Spoon onto prepared apple.
4.Oven bake until the sponge is firm to the touch. Leave to cool slightly for 15 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate apple side up.
5.Serve warm as a dessert with a spoonful of crème fraîche or custard, or serve cold.
We’d love to know what your favourite bonfire night recipes are! Email us at email@example.com.
We wish you a happy and safe evening!
The Glutafin team
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.