Date: Wednesday 12th February 2014
Please see our NEW Valentine's Day Blogs for 2017!
Our simple Valentine's cookie recipe is the perfect way to say “I love you“.
We had so much fun putting our creative minds to work with icing pens and chocolate hearts and we are sure you and your loved ones will do too!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Oven temp: 190ºC/180ºC Fan/375ºF/Gas Mark 5
Makes: 15 Cookies
110g/4oz Good quality GF white & milk chocolate chocolate*
75g/3oz Butter (soft)
1 Medium egg
250g/9oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
1 x 5ml tsp Bicarbonate of soda and 1 x 15ml tbsp Golden syrup (combined)
75g/3oz caster sugar
Mini Chocolate Hearts for decorating*
1 x Red icing pen*
1 x white icing pen*
* Please check your Coeliac UK Food and Drink Directory for suitable Gluten Free brands
1. Place the white and milk chocolate in a sturdy freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin to make small chunks.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the egg and then stir in remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon and then by hand. Bring together to make a ball.
3. Knead cookie dough on a work surface lightly dusted with Mix and divide into 15 pieces. Roll each to make a ball and flatten with the palm of the hand onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment paper. Allow space between each cookie. Sprinkle with mini chocolate hearts.
4. Leave for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet to go crisp before transferring to a cooling tray.
5. If desired, decorate with icing pens.
6. Store cookies once completely cold in an airtight tin and eat within 3 days.
As always, we love to hear from you!
The Glutafin Team
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.