A classic English favourite that's great for a gluten free supper or lunch!
110g butter at room temperature
1 medium egg
1 tbsp cold water
Egg wash: 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
1 small parsnip (peeled and diced)
2 small carrots (peeled and diced)
1/2 bunch spring onions (finely chopped)
2 small tomatoes (diced)
1/2 red pepper (finely diced)
100ml creme fraiche
50g mature Cheddar (grated)
A pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Simmer diced parsnip and carrot together until just tender. Drain, add butter and allow to melt before stirring
in remaining filling ingredients. Set aside to cool whilst preparing the pastry.
2. Place half the measured Glutafin Gluten Free Mix in a medium size mixing bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients. Mix to a smooth paste using a fork. Add remaining weighed Glutafin Gluten Free Mix and work together first using the fork and then by hand to bring together into a ball.
3. Place on a work surface lightly dusted with more mix and knead for a full 2 minutes until completely smooth. Divide the gluten free pastry into 4. Re-knead each section and roll into a circle 15cm in diameter. Using a sharp knife cut out out the 15cm round from each piece using a large saucer or small tea plate as a template.
4. Brush pastry edge with egg wash. Place a large dessertspoon of filling on the bottom half of each pastry round. Pull pastry up and over to cover the filling using the baking parchment to help you. Squeeze pastry edges together to give you a classic semi circle pasty shape.
5. Brush pastry surface with the remaining egg wash. Bake in the oven at 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 until the gluten free pastry is golden brown.
6. Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing.