Sophisticated and scrumptious - these tarts are perfect for jazzing up a party!
110g butter (soft)
25g Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 medium egg
1 tbsp cold water
1 small red onion, very finely chopped
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
115g previously frozen chopped spinach (defrosted)
85g Ricotta cheese
25g parmesan cheese (grated)
2 large eggs
salt and pepper to season
50g sun blushed tomatoes (semi sun dried)
Sprinkling of fresh grated nutmeg and ground black pepper
6 x 8.5cm tartlet tins
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Prepare the pastry. Place half the weighed Flour Mix into a bowl with the butter, grated parmesan, egg and water and mix to a smooth paste with a fork. Work in the remaining Flour Mix first with a fork and then by hand and bring together to make a ball.
2. Knead on a work surface lightly dusted with a little more mix. Roll out and cut into rounds to line the 6 x 8.5cm tartlet tins.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the diced onion and fry on a medium heat for 4 minutes, tossing over part way through. Place on the base of each of the pastry tartlets.
4. Mix together the drained spinach, ricotta and 2/4 of the sun blushed tomatoes, add to the pastry tartlets.
5. Beat together the eggs, milk and seasoning and pour into the pastry cases.
4. Top with the reserved sun blush tomatoes and sprinkle with the grated cheese and seasonings. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/190°C Fan/400°F°/Gas Mark 6 for 25-35 minutes.