Try our delicious Gluten Free Sage and Onion Sausage Rolls!
A beaten egg to glaze
1 tbsp cold water
A small amount of Flour Mix for dusting
1/2 medium onion (very finely diced)
50g grated cooking apple
1 tsp. dried sage
400g gluten free sausages (skin removed)*
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
1 tbsp milk
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Prepare the gluten free pastry. Place half the weighed flour mix in a bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients and mix to a smooth paste with fork. Work in remaining flour mix with the fork and then by hand and bring together to make a ball.
2. Chill for to 20 minutes.
3. Knead on a work surface dusted with a little more Flour Mix. Divide into two. Roll out each to a 30 cm x 15cm rectangle on a sheet of baking parchment paper.
4. Combine the gluten free filling ingredients together and shape into 2 x 30cm long sausage shapes. Rest each along the bottom edge. Brush pastry with milk. Bring gluten free pastry up and over the sausage meat using the baking parchment and continue to roll over to form a long sausage roll. Cut into even size pieces and rest on a baking sheet.
5. Brush with milk and sprinkle with the seasonings. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/ 190°C Fan / 400°F until crisp and golden. Serve warm.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge. For best results warm gently before serving.