10-12 (approx. 18 profiteroles)
This sweet dessert is surprisingly easy to make and incredibly tasty!
1/4 tsp caster sugar
150g gluten free cooking chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
2 tsps water
275ml double cream - whipped for filling
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Sift the flour mix and sugar in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and quickly add the flour into the water.
3. Beat vigorously to form a soft dough, using a wooden spoon or electric beaters. Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs to form a soft shiny paste.
4. Put a rounded teaspoon of the paste onto an oiled baking tray
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 20 - 25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and pierce each profiterole with a knife at the side to release the air.
7. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
8. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
1. Melt the chocolate and syrup over a pan of boiling water.
2. Add water and mix well, until the chocolate is quite shiny.
To assemble, make a slit in the side of each profiterole and spoon (or pipe in) some whipped cream.
Pile up the profiteroles on a serving dish and drizzle over the chocolate sauce.