30g cubed butter
10g yeast (included with Mix)
70ml full fat milk
1 tsp xanthan gum
125g chilled butter
A beaten egg to glaze
15g flaked almonds
sprinkle of caster sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil (for cling film)
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Sieve the xantham gum and sugar together with the flour mix.
2. Rub in the cubed butter.
3. Mix the yeast with the water, when dissolved add the milk and combine with the rest of the mixture.
4. Bring together to make a soft dough, knead for 2 minutes then cover with cling ï¬lm and leave to rest for 60 minutes at room temperature. Knead again for 2 minutes and then chill for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, ï¬‚atten the remaining chilled butter to a 25cm rectangle using two pieces of parchment.
6. Remove butter from parchment. Roll out the chilled dough to around the same size as the butter, place on the flattened butter and with the shortest side towards you, fold the top third down, then the bottom third up and over that. Give the dough a quarter turn (to the left or right) and roll out again to roughly a 25cm rectangle. Cover with the baking parchment and chill for 20-30 minutes.
7. Repeat step six a further four times
8.Roll out the dough to around the thickness of a £1 coin, cut the edges of the dough to make a square, cut out four long triangle shapes. Starting at the wide end, roll the dough to make the croissant shapes. Place on parchment paper, cover in oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 1-1 1/2 hours. They will rise slightly. Glaze with egg, sprinkle with flaked almonds and a little caster sugar, bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C / 180°CFan / Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until they turn a deep golden brown colour. Place some foil loosely over them if they are browning too quickly.