A gluten free British classic for those chillier nights. Bake one delicious pie or impress your guests with individual dishes.
110g butter (soft)
25g grated parmesan cheese
1 medium egg
1 beaten egg to glaze
1 tbsp cold water
A small amount of flour mix for dusting
225g chicken breast (diced)
150g chestnut mushrooms (halved)
1 medium leek (finely sliced)
200ml creme fraiche
1 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt to season
a grind of pepper to season
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Gently fry the sliced leek with the butter and oil for 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken becomes white. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding the creme fraiche and seasoning.
2. Place chicken mixture into a medium size ovenproof shallow dish. Brush around the rim with the egg wash.
3. Make the pastry by placing half the measured Flour Mix in a medium size mixing bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients. Mix to a smooth paste using a fork. Add remaining weighed Flour Mix and work together first using the fork and then by hand to bring together into a ball. Knead on a work surface lightly dusted with a little more Flour Mix until completely smooth. Chill the pastry for 20 minutes in the fridge to allow it to roll more easily.
4. Roll out the pastry to be 4cm bigger than the pie dish and to the thickness of a £1 coin adding more Flour Mix if necessary to prevent each from sticking. Trim a 1cm wide strip from around pastry edge and stick along the pie dish rim to make a pastry border. Brush with more egg. Roll remaining pastry over the rolling pin and place over pie dish. Trim to fit and squeeze pastry edges together to seal.
5. Brush pastry surface with the remaining egg. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC /400ºF until the pastry is golden brown.
6. Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing.