These gluten free cheese straws are perfect for a party or a lunch time snack.
40g Cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 level tsp Djion mustard
A pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
A little extra mix for dusting
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Combine the mix and seasoning together and rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add cheese and stir into mix evenly.
2. Combine half the beaten egg with the mustard and stir into the mixture to form a soft dough. Turn onto a work surface dusted with mix and knead lightly until smooth.
3. Roll out the dough to a 15cm square and place on a baking sheet. Brush with remaining beaten egg. Divide the dough into 7.5x1cm (3x½) oblongs.
4. Bake in the oven 180°C/ 160°CFan/ GasMark4 for 12-15 minutes until golden.
5. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airproof container.