A great Mexican twist on the classic ‘tortilla wrap’ - a chilli and coriander wrap great for filling with grilled meats and oven roasted vegetables. Top with a spoonful of soured cream, tomato salsa or guacamole before rolling up. <
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp gluten free mild chilli powder
pinch of salt
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaf
300ml carton soured cream
1 medium egg
sunflower or vegetable oil, for frying
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place the bread mix into a medium size bowl with the other ingredients. Stir with a fork to make a smooth runny batter.
2. Ladle 3 tablespoon quantities into a large lightly oiled, hot non stick frying pan. Spread out mixture with the back of a tablespoon dipped in water to make the tortilla as thin as possible.
3. Cook until the batter has set. Turn over and cook until the tortilla is evenly golden. To cook the rest of the batch, repeat the process by removing the pan from heat and reapplying oil and 3 tbsps of batter. Then return to the heat and spread the batter as before with the back of a spoon dipped in water.
4. Stack tortillas between greaseproof and keep warm until all the batter is used.
5. Fill with a savoury filling and roll up or fold and serve.