|Per 100g||Per Serve|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.5||3.0|
1 tsp yeast (enclosed with flour mix)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
125ml gluten free beer (or sparkling water)*
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
4 chunky cod fillets
2-3 litres sunflower oil for deep fat frying
A small amount of flour mix for dusting
Deep fat fryer (or pan)
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. To prepare the batter, place the flour mix and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Stir together with a fork. Add the oil and gluten free beer (or sparkling water) to the bowl and mix with the fork to make a smooth runny batter. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes until frothy.
2. When ready to cook the fish, preheat the deep fat fryer or pan of hot oil to 170°C. Dust fish fillets with the flour mix and immerse one at a time into the batter. Remove with tongs and place carefully into the deep fat fryer/pan. If using a deep fat fryer, do not use the basket as the batter sometimes sticks to the wire.
3. Cook for 5 – 6 minutes until the batter is puffed and golden. Remove fish with a slotted spoon, let it drain then lay it on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
4. Place battered fish in warm oven while the other fish are cooked.
5. Serve with gluten free oven chips - refer to Coeliac UK Directory.