If you or someone you love has been recently diagnosed with coeliac disease, you could be eligible to receive gluten free foods on prescription. Simply select your country of residence, and, if you live in England, fill in your postcode to check if your area is prescribing.
Your country is prescribing gluten free foods*. Request your Glutafin Taster Box by clicking the button below to sign up.
* Please note: local policies are constantly updated, and issuing a prescription is at the discretion of your GP.
Decadent and delicious, and dazzling for a dinner party, this Black Forest Trifle is a real crowd pleaser.
4 egg yolks
40g caster sugar
450ml whole milk
100g dark chocolate
425g tin cherries in light syrup
400g fresh cherries
4 tbsp Cherry Liqueur
600ml Double cream
150g Plain Chocolate
100g Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C/Gas 4.
2. Grease the inside of a 15x20cm/6×8″ baking tray and line the base with baking paper.
3. Gently melt together the chocolate and butter.
4. In a bowl combine the sugar, flour mix and baking powder.
5. Break the eggs into a large bowl, beat gently and then add in the dry ingredients.
6. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
7. Pour into your prepared dish and bake in a pre-heated oven for 22-30 minutes.
1. Put the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the milk in a large pan and heat until just steaming. Remove from the heat and pour over the egg yolk mixture, whisking until combined. Pour everything back in the pan, and heat on low for about 5 minutes until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
2. Finely chop 100g of the chocolate and add to the Custard, stir until it melts. Put a circle of baking paper on top to stop it getting a skin on it and cool.
1. Drain the cherries reserving 4 tbsp of the syrup. Halve and stone the cherries and put in a bowl. Reserve 12 of the fresh cherries and halve and stone the rest. Mix the reserved syrup with the Cherry liqueur and set aside.
2. Whip the cream and add a spoonful to the cooled custard to loosen it.
3. Arrange half the brownies in the base of your dish then pour over half the syrup.
4. Cover with half of the cherries, half of the custard and half of the whipped cream.
5. Then repeat, starting with the brownies and finishing with the cream.
6. Decorate with the reserved cherries.
7. Chill for at least one hour or until ready to serve.