1 Hours 30 - minutes
A real wintertime gluten free treat. Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream or cream.
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
110g soft margarine
2 lemons (grated rind of)
75g golden syrup
½ tsp ground ginger (optional)
25g butter (melted)
900ml pudding basin to steam pudding
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place all the sponge ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat well for 2 minutes using an electric mixer until the mixture is light, pale and fluffy with a soft dropping consistency.
2. Mix syrup ingredients and spoon the syrup into the bottom of a greased 900 ml pudding basin.
3. Top with the sponge mixture.
4. Tie a pleated greaseproof lid onto the basin with string and top with a foil lid.
5. Place Pudding in a steamer or onto an up turned saucer in a large pan of simmering water for 1½ hours.The pudding should not sit in the water.
6. Remove greaseproof and foil lid and turn out sponge onto a plate. Serve with custard.