1 large 23cm/ 9'' tart
A delicious combination of sweet, buttery gluten free pastry filled with the darkest chocolate.
110g butter, at room temperature
1 medium egg
1 tbsp cold water
25g caster sugar
150g dark chocolate
6 tbsp cocoa powder
4 medium eggs
200g caster sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place half the weighed Flour Mix (approx 110g/4oz) in a medium sized mixing bowl with the butter and egg, water and sugar. Combine to a smooth paste with a fork. Work in remaining weighed Flour Mix. Bring together into a ball.
2. Knead on a work surface dusted with White Mix for a full 2 minutes until smooth. Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin and use to line a 23cm/ 9" deep loose base flan tin.
3. Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/ Gas Mark 2.
3. Melt the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering hot water stirring continuously.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl until light and creamy and then add the golden syrup.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the bowl and mix well.
6. Add all the mixture to the pastry shell and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Remove and allow to cool for approximately 30-60 minutes.