50 mini cakes
An easy recipe for tasty, gluten free mini lemon sponge cakes!
110g butter (room temperature)
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
zest of ½ lemon
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
100g icing sugar
1 – 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
decoration such as gluten free lemon sweet slices or twists of lemon zest
Piping bag and a star nozzle
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC/150ºC Fan /Gas Mark 3.
2. Place cases into tins.
3. Beat all the sponge ingredients together with an electric whisk for a full 2 minutes to give a smooth consistency.
4. Place ½ tbsp of mixture into each paper case.
5. Place tray in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Place onto a cooling tray until cold.
7. Beat together the ingredients for the lemon butter cream, place into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe a star on the top of each mini lemon cake and decorate with a section of lemon slice.