20 - 24 cakes
A wonderful twist on a traditional Victoria sponge cake... make it small and multiply! Add chocolate and top with a buttercream icing.
110g butter (room temperature)
110g caster sugar
2 medium eggs (beaten)
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp gluten free baking powder*
2 tsp milk
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
50g butter (at room temperature)
15g cocoa powder
85g icing sugar
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Cream together butter and sugar for 1 minute with a hand held electric mixer.
2. Add all the other ingredients and whisk again for a further 2 minutes.
3. Place 1 heaped teaspoon mixture into each fairy bun case.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 for 20 - 25 minutes.
5. When cooked, allow to cool before decorating.
6. For the icing: beat butter until soft and then gradually add the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
7. Cut a small disc out of each cake and place a teaspoon of chocolate buttercream into the hollow of the cake. Place the cake disc cut out on top of the buttercream to finish.