1 Hours 30 - minutes
|Per 100g||Per Serve|
|Saturated Fat (g)||3.8||2.2|
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp gluten free baking powder*
3 tsp dried yeast from pack
2 tsp skimmed milk powder
35g caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
100ml tepid water
2-3 litres of sunflower oil for deep fat frying
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
50g runny strawberry jam
200g caster sugar for topping
Deep fat fryer
Greaseproof paper or oiled clingfilm (50ml vegetable oil)
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a fork.
2. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it's no longer visible.
3. Add the beaten egg and warm water, mix together to form a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Sprinkle the work surface with flour mix and tip the dough onto the surface. Gently bring together until the dough is coated. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 12 pieces.
5. Roll each dough piece into a ball and place onto a tray covered with baking parchment. Flatten each dough circle with your fingertips until they measure roughly 7cm wide. Lay a sheet of greaseproof or oiled cling film over the top of the flat doughnuts.
6. Prove in a warm place for 60-75 minutes. They will not rise very much at this stage. Dust the handle of a wooden spoon with flour mix and push through the centre of the doughnut.
7. Heat the oil in a pan until the temperature reaches 165°C. Fry 3 doughnuts at a time, for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown, flipping over once or twice during frying. Repeat the frying with the other doughnuts.
8. Once cooked immediately toss or sprinkle with extra caster sugar. Fill an icing syringe with the jam and inject into the doughnut.