1 Hours 30 - minutes
Melt in the mouth gluten free doughnuts, best eaten warm dusted with sugar...yum!
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp xantham gum
½ tsp gluten free baking powder
3 tsp dried yeast from pack
2 tsp skimmed milk powder
35g caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
100ml tepid water
2-3 litres sunflower oil for deep fat frying
200g caster sugar (for topping)
Greaseproof paper or oiled cling film (50ml vegetable oil)
Deep fat fryer
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a fork.
2. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it's no longer visible.
3. Add the beaten egg and warm water, mix together to form a soft but not sticky dough.
4.Sprinkle the work surface with flour mix and tip the doughnut dough onto the surface. Gently bring together until the dough is coated. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 12 pieces.
5. Roll each dough piece into a ball and place onto a tray covered with baking parchment. Flatten each dough circle with your fingertips until they measure roughly 7cm wide. Lay a sheet of greaseproof paper or oiled cling film over the top of the flat doughnuts.
6. Prove in a warm place for 60-75 minutes. They will not rise very much at this stage. If a doughnut with a hole is required, dust the handle of a wooden spoon with flour mix and push through the centre of the doughnut.
7. Heat the oil in a pan until the temperature is 165°C. Fry 3 doughnuts at a time, for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown, flipping over once or twice during frying. Repeat with the other doughnuts.
8. Once cooked immediately toss or sprinkle with caster sugar.