1 Hours 30 - minutes
Deliciously light gluten free doughnuts smothered with a decadent chocolate sauce.
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp gluten free baking powder*
3 tsp dried yeast from pack
2 tsp skimmed milk powder
35g caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
100ml tepid water
2-3 litres of sunflower oil for deep fat frying
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
150g dark cooking chocolate
1 tbsp golden syrup
100g icing sugar
Deep fat fryer
Greaseproof paper or oiled cling film (50ml vegetable oil)
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a fork.
2. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it's no longer visible.
3. Add the beaten egg and warm water, mix together to form a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Sprinkle the work surface with flour mix and tip the dough onto the surface. Gently bring together until the dough is coated. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 12 pieces.
5. Roll each dough piece into a ball and place onto a tray covered with baking parchment. Flatten each dough circle with your fingertips until they measure roughly 7cm wide. Lay a sheet of greaseproof or oiled cling film over the top of the flat doughnuts.
6. Prove in a warm place for 60-75 minutes. They will not rise very much at this stage. Dust the handle of a wooden spoon with flour mix and push through the centre of the doughnut.
7. Heat the oil in a pan until the temperature reaches 165°C. Fry 3 doughnuts at a time, for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown, flipping over once or twice during frying. Repeat the frying with the other doughnuts.
8. To make the topping: Place the chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt. Add the icing sugar and combine together. Dunk the doughnuts into the chocolate mix and place on a cooling rack to dry.