This gluten free chocolate log is simply divine! A soft sponge with fruity filling and a rich, chocolate topping.
4 large eggs (separated)
110g caster sugar
1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
40g cocoa powder
½ tsp. xanthan gum
250g gluten free jam
115g softened butter
230g icing sugar
75g melted dark chocolate
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Preheat oven to: 180°C / 160°C / Gas Mark 4 Fan. Prepare the roulade. Whisk egg whites until meringue-stiff. Set aside. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together for a full 2 minutes until thickened. Then gently fold in the whisked egg white and combined dry ingredients using a large metal spoon.
2. Spoon into a shallow baking tray measuring 38cm x 25cm lined with baking parchment. Spread the mixture out until it is evenly spread into all four corners.
3. Place in pre-heated oven until mixture has risen and is just firm to the touch 10 - 12 minutes.
4. Turn out onto a sheet of baking parchment. Peel away lining paper. Spread with the jam and roll roulade up from the bottom edge to form a Swiss roll shape. Leave to cool.
5. Make up the chocolate buttercream by creaming butter with icing sugar. Add the melted chocolate to the creamed mixture until combined.
6. Spread the chocolate buttercream onto the roulade. Run a fork along the surface to give a log appearance.
7. Decorate with a sprig of holly and dust with sieved icing sugar just before serving.