A recipe for the chocolate lovers, this festive gluten free Chocolate Log is filled with dark chocolate and delicious chantilly cream!
4 large eggs (separated)
110g caster sugar
1 tsp gluten free baking powder*
40g cocoa powder (sieved)
1 tsp xanthan gum
275g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate (broken into small pieces)*
300ml double cream
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml double cream
75g icing sugar (sieved)
1 tbsp brandy (optional)
50g apricot jam* (warmed and sieved)
* Refer to Coeliac UK directory
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Melt gluten free chocolate ganache ingredients in a bowl over gently simmering water and stir until melted into a smooth dark icing. Cool and chill to a spreadable consistency.
2. To prepare the roulade, first preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Whisk egg whites until meringue-stiff. Set aside. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together for a full 2 minutes until thickened. Very gently fold in the whisked egg white and combined dry ingredients using a large metal spoon.
3. Spoon into a shallow baking tray measuring 38cm x 25cm lined with baking parchment paper. Spread mixture carefully with a spatula or round bladed knife. Cook for around 12 minutes or until the mixture has risen and is just firm to the touch.
4. Immediately turn out onto a sheet of baking parchment paper. Peel away lining paper. Trim edges to neaten, and using a sharp knife, score a horizontal line 2cm from the bottom edge to aid rolling.
5. Place a second sheet of baking parchment on top of the roulade to prevent sticking and roll roulade up from the bottom edge to form a Swiss roll shape. Leave to cool.
6. Gently unroll cooled roulade, discard paper insert and spread with half the chocolate ganache. Whisk chantilly cream ingredients together until just thick and spread over the ganache. Roll roulade again. Brush with the sieved jam and spread with remaining ganache. Run a fork along the surface to give a log appearance.
7. Decorate with a sprig of holly and dust with sieved icing sugar just before serving.