12 - 15
Whether you like them with whipped cream, a dollop of ice cream, or simply on their own, these Brownies are utterly delicious.
4 medium size eggs
150g caster sugar
1x 397g can of condensed milk
200g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate (melted)
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
75g ground almonds
50g flaked almonds
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Preheat oven to 170°/150°C Fan/Gas Mark 3
2. Line a 22cm x 32cm shallow ovenproof baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, when melted leave for 2 minutes and then stir well.
4.Whisk the eggs and sugar together (using an electric mixer if you have) for a full 3 minutes until pale, thickened and full of air bubbles.
5. Add remaining ingredients and whisk briefly until just combined.
6. Spoon the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven until the mix loses its glossy appearance and starts to crack on the surface. The ultimate brownie should be crumbly on the outside but still moist in the centre; check progress after 35 minutes.
7. Leave to cool on a cooling tray but keep in the tin until completely cold. Cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.