4 Hours 40 - minutes
Chocolate, dates, cherries and a dash of whiskey are all added to this recipe which is a delicious twist on the classic Christmas pudding.
50g each of sultanas, currants and raisins
50g glazed chopped cherries
1 grated pear
2 tbsp black treacle
4 tbsp Irish whiskey
25g soft brown sugar
85g chopped dark chocolate
25g cocoa powder
A beaten egg
Baking parchment or greaseproof paper
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Mix the dried fruit (dates, sultanas, currants, raisins, grated pear and cherries) with the treacle and whiskey together and leave overnight or for at least 4 hours.
2. Mix all the remaining dry ingredients together.
3. Add the egg to the fruit mixture and mix well.
4. Combine the two mixes, and mix through.
5. Place in a greased and lined (parchment on the bottom only) pudding basin 13 cm diameter and 7 cm deep.
6. Put a circle of pleated greaseproof paper and foil over the top and tie securely with string.
7. Make a string handle from one side of the basin to the other - making it easier to pick the basin out of the pan after cooking.
8. Either place in the oven for 4-5 hours or steam* for 3.5 hours at 150°C / 130°C fan.