Try this delicious twist on the classic, with sweet apricot jam, perfect for any special occasion.
110g caster sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp cold water
An extra 40g caster sugar for dusting
85g softened butter
200g icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g apricot jam, sieved
Swiss roll tin
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Line a Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/180°C fan
3. Whisk together eggs and 110g sugar until pale and thick, adding in the water about halfway through.
4. Fold in the Flour Mix.
5. Put into a prepared tin and bake near top of oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
6. Turn out on to baking parchment thickly dusted with 40g caster sugar, trim edges and roll with paper inside, leave to cool.
7. Make filling - cream together butter, icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Unroll cooled cake and spread with the butter cream and apricot jam.