4 X 4 9cm tartlet tins
A luxury gluten free apple tart recipe; serve with creamy custard for a warming pudding!
110g butter at room temperature
1 medium egg
1 tbsp cold water
1 tsp of milk
A small amount of flour mix for dusting
3 medium cooking apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornflour
110g caster sugar
1 tsp milk for brushing
A sprinkle of caster sugar
4 x 9cm tartlet tins
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Prepare the filling to allow a little time for it to cool. Place prepared apple slices in a medium size bowl with the water. Cover and microwave for 3 - 4 minutes until just cooked without turning into a puree. Set aside.
2. Prepare the pastry. Place half the measured Flour Mix in a medium size mixing bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients. Mix to a smooth paste using a fork. Add remaining weighed Flour Mix and work together first using the fork and then by hand to bring together into a ball.
3. Place on a work surface lightly dusted with Flour Mix and knead for a 1 minute until completely smooth. Divide the pastry into 2/3 and 1/3. Cut the 2/3 of pastry into 4 equal parts, roll out and place over individual tartlet tins.
4. Gently push pastry into place and roll pin across the top to remove excess pastry. Spoon cooled apple filling into each pastry case. Sprinkle with the Cornflour and sugar. Brush pastry rim with water.
5. Divide the remaining 1/3 of pastry into 4 and roll out to make the pastry lids. Gently squeeze pastry rim and lids together to seal. Brush pastry lids with milk, sprinkle with caster sugar and place on a preheated baking sheet. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 190ºC /170ºC Fan/ Gas mark 5 for 25 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden in colour.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before gently removing from the tin.