These gorgeous scones will be great for afternoon tea! Alternatively, adapt with fruit or even cheese for a savoury version of a classic.
1 tbsp gluten free baking powder*
½ tsp xanthan gum
25g caster sugar
50g natural yogurt
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
A little extra mix for dusting
A little extra milk for brushing
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place the mix, gluten free baking powder and xanthan gum into a large bowl. Rub in the fat until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar or cheese, if making savoury cheese scones.
2. Add the yogurt and milk to form a soft not sticky dough
3. Turn out on to a surface lightly dusted with mix. Mix and knead gently until smooth
4. Roll out to a thickness of 3 - 3.5cms Cut into rounds using a 6cm cutter.
5. Place on a greased baking sheet, brush top with a little milk.
6. Bake in a pre heated oven at 200°C/180°Fan/Gas Mark 6 until risen and golden brown in colour.
7. Transfer to a cooling tray.
8. Serve warm, split in half and spread with butter (jam and cream also make a lovely topping for these and the fruit scones.)