These soft bread rolls are ideal to serve with burgers, packed lunches or soup. These recipe uses poaching rings to make a good shaped roll, these are available at all good kitchen shops.
1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
350ml hand hot water
25g melted butter
2 tsp caster sugar
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place Flour Mix, caster sugar, salt and yeast together in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir together using a fork.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir together with a fork to make a smooth thick batter.
3. Place poaching rings onto a sheet of baking parchment paper on a baking tray. Spoon bread batter into the poaching rings. Cover whole tray with lightly oiled cling film. Leave in a warm place to prove until the batter has almost reached the top of the rings, this can take up to 80 minutes.
4. Pre- heat your oven to 190°C/ 170°C / Gas mark 5.
5. Place a roasting pan half filled with boiling water in the bottom of the oven to create a steamy cooking environment. Place proved baps onto a medium height shelf and cook for around 15 minutes until the baps are pale golden and springy to the touch.
6. Rest cooked baps on a cooling tray and cover with a clean tea towel. This helps to keep them soft. Once cool remove from the rings.