1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 beaten egg
A little extra Flour Mix for dusting
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Repeat twice.
2. Whisk the egg and buttermilk together.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in most of the buttermilk mix. Using a clean hand quickly bring the mixture together to form a soft dough, adding a little more buttermilk mix if required.
4. When mixed, turn on to a lightly dusted surface, bring the dough into a round shape measuring around 8-10 cm high.
5. Place the dough onto a parchment lined tray, dusted with a little rice flour.
6. Using a sharp knife or dough divider place 4 deep full length cuts in the shape of a plus (+) sign in the middle of the dough.
7. Bake at 220°C/200°Fan/Gas mark 7 for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature down to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas mark 8 for 25-30 minutes. The bottom should sound hollow when fully baked.