A family favourite, perfect as a gluten free starter or a midweek meal.
115g cooked salmon fillet
115g cooked cod fillet
115g mashed potato
1 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
vegetable oil for deep frying
1 lemon (zest and juice)
150g/150ml natural yoghurt
handful of chopped mint
crisp green salad, to serve
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Pre-cook your potato and mash.
2. Poach salmon and cod in salted water for 5 minutes until cooked or microwave on a covered plate on a medium setting for 2-3 minutes.
3. In a large bowl add cooked fish to your pre-cooked mashed potato and mix together.
4. Add the parsley, lemon zest, juice of 1/2 a lemon to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5. Roll into balls and flatten with the palm of your hand.
6.Create breadcrumbs using the Glutafin loaf by whizzing 3-4 slices in a food processor. Place the flour mix on a plate, place beaten egg in a bowl and breadcrumbs on a separate plate. Place the fishcakes in the flour mix and toss until coated, dip into egg mix ensuring egg covers all surface and then toss in the breadcrumbs. (It is essential to place the fish in order of ingredients)
7. Deep or shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown.
8. Serve with cucumber and mint yogurt and mixed crisp green salad.
For cucumber and mint yoghurt
Dice cucumber and mint, then mix with the natural yogurt. Add a squeeze of lemon juice over the top.