2 Hours 20 - minutes
Individual gluten free fruit buns drizzled in soft icing. The secret to success is having the right container in which to bake the buns. Individual 10cm poachi
1 tsp. dried yeast enclosed with mix
2 tsp. skimmed milk powder
1 lemon, grated zest of
175ml hand hot water
1 medium egg
25g butter (melted)
75g mixed dried fruit
25g soft brown sugar
1 tsp. mixed spice
150 - 200g icing sugar (sieved)
1 tsp. cold water
25g toasted almonds
4 - 5 glace cherries (halved)
Muffin tray or poaching rings
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place the Flour Mix into a medium sized mixing bowl with the yeast, milk powder and lemon zest. Mix together with a fork.
2. Add the water, egg and butter and mix together to make a runny dough.
3. Cover with oiled cling film and leave in bowl until doubled in size. Combine filling ingredients and stir into bread mixture.
4. Half fill each of the sections of your muffin tray, or poaching rings with the mixture.
5. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for up to an hour or until the mixture has risen to the top of the tray / rings.
6. Remove film and bake until golden. Remove buns from the tray and leave to cool
7. Prepare icing. Stir icing sugar into the water to make stiff smooth icing. Drizzle onto the cooled buns, sprinkle with the flaked almonds and top with a glace cherry on each bun. Serve once the icing has set.