makes 1 large 2lb Loaf
A lovely gluten free loaf with a soft and springy centre.
10g dried yeast (from sachet enclosed with mix)
375ml hand hot water (1/3 just boiled, 2/3 cold = hand hot)
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2lb bread loaf tin
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Combine the mix and yeast together with a fork. Add the water and oil and stir with the fork to make a smooth, stiff batter.
2. Spoon into a lightly greased 2lb loaf tin. Smooth the surface with the back of a dessert spoon dipped in water.
3. Cover with another inverted bread tin or oiled cling film and prove in a warm place until the batter rises to top of the tin (can take up to 45 minutes).
4. Remove top tin or film and bake until golden in a preheated oven at 190ºC/180ºC Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 45 minutes.
5. Cool before cutting. Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.