Around 6 people
The flavour of the black onion seeds and mixed herbs make this gluten free artisan flatbread a truly delicious dish!
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried yeast (from sachet in Flour Mix)
1 egg (separated)
150ml tepid water
1 tsp black onion seeds
1 tbsp dried herbs to sprinkle
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Using a hand held mixer/ stand mixer mix together the mix, salt and the yeast.
2. Whisk the egg white until stiff and add to the tepid water.
3. Add the Flour Mix to the water mix and on a medium speed best together for around 1 minute.
4. Place a lightly oiled non-stick mat onto the baking tray and pour the mixture onto the mat. Using the dough scraper or spatula dipped in water shape the mix into a flat round or teardrop shape. Cut 3 slashes through the top of the flat bread with a sharp knife.
5 Using the left over egg yolk, beat the egg then brush the dough with the egg, sprinkle with herbs and the black onion seeds and leave to prove for around 1 hour.
6. Just before baking slightly tease the slashes open again and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C / Gas Mark 6, after ten minutes reduce to 190°C/ 170°C Fan/ Gas Mark 5 for a further 15 minutes.