A delicious gluten free recipe for enjoying this Christmas time.
110g good quality chunky white chocolate*
75g softened butter
75g caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp milk
75g dried cranberries
A small amount of Flour Mix for dusting.
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place the chocolate in a sturdy freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin to make small chunks of chocolate. Set aside a quarter of the chunks for topping.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
3. Combine the bicarbonate of soda and milk.
4. Gradually whisk the egg in to the creamed butter, and then add the milk, and remaining ingredients first using a fork and then by hand to make a stiff dough.
5. Transfer cookie dough onto a work surface lightly dusted with a little Flour Mix and knead until smooth.
6. Pre-heat oven to 160°C / Gas mark 4
7. Divide the dough into 16 even sized pieces and roll each in the palms of the hand to make balls.
8. Transfer to a greased baking sheet allowing space between each cookie and lightly flatten each with the palm of the hand. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate and bake for around 15 minutes until pale gold in colour.
9. Leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling tray.