16-24 Christmas trees
A really easy recipe which is fun to decorate - perfect for encouraging little ones into the kitchen!
½ tsp. gluten free baking powder*
1 tsp. xanthan gum
A beaten egg
*Refer to Coeliac UK directory
75g muscavado sugar
75g golden syrup
1 tsp. ground mixed spice
½ tsp. ground ginger
Christmas tree cookie cutter
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Combine Melting mix ingredients in a covered bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until melted. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
2. Stir Flour mix, baking powder and Xanthan gum into the melted mix. Stir in the egg using a wooden spoon and then by hand. Bring together to make a sticky ball of biscuit dough.
3. Cut out 17 rectangular pieces of baking parchment paper just a little bigger than the Christmas tree cookie cutter. Divide dough into pieces. Place one piece onto the baking parchment paper and top with another piece of parchment. Roll out dough to the thickness of a £ 1 coin. Remove top paper (set aside to use again). Push cutter into rolled out dough. Pull away excess dough and rest Christmas tree on the paper onto a baking sheet.
4. Repeat with the remaining dough, re-rolling trimmings.
5. Bake for 14-15 minutes at 170°C/160°C until just starting to brown. Allow to cool and go crisp before removing from the paper.
6. Decorate with piped glace icing as desired and store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.