A perfect little indulgence with a hot drink and the fire blazing!
50g dark chocolate*
75g white chocolate* (thick bar)
75g soft dark brown sugar
75g softened butter
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tbsp cocoa powder (sieved)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp Milk
A small amount of Flour Mix for dusting
* Refer to Coeliac UK directory
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Place dark and white chocolate in a freezer bag. Seal and bash to small chunks with a rolling pin. Set aside a quarter of the chunks for the topping.
2. Cream sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and the Flour Mix and cocoa powder. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk and stir into the creamed mix along with the chocolate chunks.
3. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/Gas Mark 4
4. Bring mixture together by hand into a ball. Knead lightly on a work surface dusted with extra Flour Mix. Divide into 16 pieces and roll in the palms of the hand to make rounds.
5. Place rounds on a baking parchment allowing space in between each cookie. Flatten each lightly with the palm of the hand. Sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chunks. Bake until just firm to the touch. Leave to harden and crisp before transferring to a cooling tray.