18- 20 biscuits
These sponge fingers are perfect for building into a gluten free trifle, or enjoying with jam and cream!
½ tsp baking powder*
2 medium eggs
50g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
*Refer to Coeliac UK
There are no comments for this recipe at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.
1. Mix together the Flour Mix and baking powder.
2. Place eggs in large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Add sugar and whisk for further 5 minutes until mixture is the consistency of softly whipped cream. Add vanilla extract and whisk a further minute.
4. Gradually fold dry ingredients into mixture, using a large metal spoon.
5. Pre-heat oven to 200C/180°C/GasMark6
6. Pipe the mixture into finger strips onto a greased baking tray lined with baking parchment. Allow no more than 8 sponge fingers per tray as they spread when cooking.
7. Bake for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from paper and cool on wire rack.