Date: Wednesday 30th July 2014
For the cupcakes (makes 8-10)
Preheat oven 160°c (for fan oven. 180° if normal oven but works best in fan oven.)
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add rest of ingredients beat until well combined. Spoon into cupcake cases. Bake for about 15-20 mins.
2. Remove from oven allow to cool completely before decorating.
3. While cooling make meringue...
1. Put a little water in the bottom of a saucepan and let it simmer on the stove. Place egg Whites and salt in a clean dry glass bowl then place it on top of saucepan, wisk low for 1 min.
2. Increase speed until you have stiff peaks.
3. Continue to whisk. Add sugar 1 TBS at a time. Until stiff and glossy. Spoon into piping bag with desired nozzel (I used star one) and pipe onto cooled cakes.
4. Decorate as desired (I used gluten free sprinkles and a mini flake) If your not a fan of meringue then jam and double cream whipped with a dash of vanilla works equally as well.
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.