Date: Friday 30th September 2016
To celebrate the launch of our brand new Glutafin Gluten Free Select Fresh Seeded Loaf, we have been getting creative in the kitchen.
Our Glutafin Fresh Bread is delivered in boxes of eight delicious, individually wrapped loaves and in conjunction, we’ll be sharing EIGHT different recipes you can easily create at home. A recipe a loaf, because we just can’t get enough of it.
1. Herby Croutons
We always aim to start the week with good intentions, ‘diet starts on Monday’ - are we right? Why not make a jam packed salad and top with some flavoursome croutons to set you up for a good week.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
2 tsp butter
1 crushed garlic clove
¼ tsp basil
¼ tsp parsley
Mix in garlic and herbs
Brush onto both sides of the bread
Place under grill on medium for 2-3 minutes either side (or until crisp)
Cut and place over soup or salad for extra flavour
2. Breaded Chicken
A delicious, crispy, tender chicken to be enjoyed with salad, ratatouille, chips or mash - depending on your mood. It can also be stuffed with cream cheese and crushed garlic, to make the ultimate chicken Kiev.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp parmesan
Sprinkle chili (mild/hot dependant on your taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 egg (beaten)
Preheat oven to 180C
Blend bread, basil, thyme, parmesan and seasoning to make breadcrumbs
Dip chicken breast in flour, before brushing with egg and rolling in breadcrumbs.
Cook on 180C for 25 minutes.
3. Vegetable Ratatouille
The dark nights are upon us and sometimes all you need is a little bit of comfort, especially mid-week. Look no further – our vegetable ratatouille bake is perfect and packed full of goodness to keep you going till Friday.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
9 slices Glutafin Gluten Free Select seeded loaf, made into breadcrumbs
50g melted butter
100g cheddar cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250g diced butternut squash
2 large courgette, sliced
1 medium aubergine, diced
400g can tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
Cracked black pepper
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Cook’s Tip – The ratatouille base is great to freeze
4. Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
You wouldn’t believe this gooey chocolate pudding was made with bread… or that it was gluten free. With only ten minutes prep this delicious, chocolatey and warming dessert is a winner in our eyes… definitely one to try!
Ingredients (Serves 8)
150g dark chocolate
425ml whipping cream
2 tablespoons liquor (optional) i.e. dark rum, brandy, amaretto – we used Cointreau
110g caster sugar
A good pinch of cinnamon
2 large eggs (beaten)
2 handfuls pecans
2 handfuls raisins
2tbsp brown sugar
Preheat the oven on 180C
1. Melt chocolate, butter, whipping cream, caster sugar, cinnamon and liquor in a bowl over hot water - stirring occasionally until chocolate and butter are melted and the sugar is dissolved.
2. Cut the crusts off the bread and cut into two triangles
3. Once the chocolate mixture is all melted, take off the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the eggs and beating until the mixture is thoroughly combined
4. Place some mixture in the bottom of the bowl and place bread on top. Pour over another layer of chocolate sauce and sprinkle with chopped pecans and raisins. Repeat until all the bread and chocolate mixture is gone – making sure the top layer is chocolate mix and a sprinkle of pecans/raisins.
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in the oven on 180C for 30 minutes.
6. Serve warm or leave to cool for a gooey brownie texture (can be served with cream, ice cream or custard).
5. Snickers Toast
It’s technically the weekend, which calls for a good breakfast. This is guaranteed to keep the Fri-Yay spirit high. Toast as many slices of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Fresh Seeded Loaf as you desire, top with crunchy peanut butter, Nutella and Voila - snickers on toast.
6. Winter Pudding
A take on the classic summer pudding, this winter one is filled with lots of flavour, spice and all things nice to get you into the festive spirit.
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 Loaf Glutafin Gluten Free Select Fresh Seeded Bread (With Crusts cut off)
100ml mulled wine
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
Finely chop apple, pears and plums
Heat sugar, spices and mulled wine on low heat until sugar has dissolved.
Add all fruit to heated liquid and simmer for 20 minutes (until fruit is soft)
Drain liquid into a bowl and set fruit to the side
Line a bowl (as below) with cling film
Dip crustless Glutafin Gluten Free Select Fresh Seeded Loaf into the mulled wine juice and build your winter pudding, making sure the bread overlaps each other and has no holes where the filling can seep out.
Add the filling and top with bread before covering with clingfilm (as below)
Place a plate on top and stack with tins – leave to set for at least 5 hours.
7. Welsh Rarebit
Bubbly, cheesy goodness on a plate. The perfect breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
4 tbsp gluten free beer*
5 button mushrooms
Refer to Coeliac UK guidebook*
Put handful grated cheese, butter, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and mix into a saucepan – whisk into a thick paste.
Add 4TBSP beer or milk and whisk constantly over low heat until thick and creamy
Pour sauce over the toasted bread and grill on low heat for 2-3 minutes until bubbling and brown.
Meanwhile, gently sauté mushrooms and poach the egg for five minutes until desired texture and place on top of the rarebit.
7. Cherry & Mango Chocolate Crumble Tarts
We know this one sounds a little random, but go with it. These tasty tarts are fruity and gooey with a chocolate crunch, perfect for that mid morning break!
1/2 ripe mango
150g cherry conserve
zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
100g caster sugar
50g dark chocolate
2tbsp demera sugar
1. Make shortcrust pastry using the recipe here, roll into desired thickness before using a cookie cutter and placing into muffin trays
2. In a pan, add all the filling ingredients and bring to the boil
3. Whilst the fruit is boiling, melt the chocolate and butter in a pan
4. Blend the bread and demera sugar together to make breadcrumbs
5. Mix breadcrumbs and chocolate sauce together
6. Add fruit to the pastry case and top with breadcrumbs
7. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes on 180C
We hope you like these recipes - please dont forget to share anything you make with us as we'd love to see it.
To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.