Date: Monday 25th November 2013
As you are probably aware, Glutafin’s newest product, cornflakes were launched recently.
To celebrate we thought it would be a great idea to share some recipe ideas – to show you what sweet treats can be made using this versatile product!
Made with Glutafin Cornflakes – a perfect afternoon treat!
100g Gluten Free Porridge Oats
150g Glutafin Gluten Free Cornflakes, crushed
110g Light Brown Sugar
60g Golden Syrup
50g Gluten Free Chocolate Chips or Dried Fruit.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/GasMark3/320°F.
2. Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a small pan gently over a low heat, stir well to combine the ingredients.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, fold in the cornflakes, Gluten Free oats, Chocolate Chips or Dried Fruit.
5. Press the mixture into a pre-lined baking tray, place in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
6. Remove from the oven, leave the flapjack aside to set for 10 minutes before gently cutting into 12 squares.
Made with Glutafin Cornflakes – simple to make, delicious to eat!
150g Glutafin Gluten Free Cornflakes
175g Gluten Free Milk Chocolate
50g Dried Fruit
1. Line a cake tin with 10 medium sized cake cases.
2. In a medium pan, bring 300ml of water to the boil over a high heat.
3. In a heat resistant glass bowl break up the Gluten Free Chocolate. Place the glass bowl over the boiling water to melt the chocolate. Stir continuously.
4. When the chocol
ate has melted, fold in the Glutafin Gluten Free Cornflakes and dried fruit. Mix until well coated.
5. With a table spoon, scoop the mixture into each of the cake cases. Leave the cornflake cakes in the fridge for half an hour to set.
These delicious cookies wont be around for long!
250g Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix
100g Gluten Free Chocolate chunks
75g Butter, softened
75g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
4 x tbsp Cocoa Powder
50g Glutafin Cornflakes, crushed
1 medium egg, beaten
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp of milk
Extra Mix for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/GasMark4.
2. Place a piece of greaseproof paper on two baking trays.
3. Cream butter and brown sugar together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy; gradually beat in the egg, Glutafin Gluten Free White Mix, cocoa powder followed by the chopped chocolate. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk and beat into the creamed mixture, stir in the crushed cornflakes.
4. Bring mixture together by hand. Turn out onto a surface dusted with mix. Shape into a sausage, cut down the middle and then divide each section into 8, making 16 in total. Roll each section into a ball shape.
5. Place a sheet of baking parchment onto a cooking tray, place approximately 8 rounds per cooking tray and flatten each lightly with the palm of the hand. Top with a few chocolate chunks.
6. Bake until just firm to the touch. Leave to harden and crisp before transferring to a cooling tray.
As always, The Glutafin Team love to hear from you – make sure you send your photographs of what you create with your first box of Glutafin Cornflakes to email@example.com.
The Glutafin Team
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.