Date: Wednesday 27th July 2016
Check out this slightly alternative take on the Tiramisu, made with Glutafin Fresh White Bread!
Glutafin Fresh White Loaf x 9 slices (toasted)
250 ml orange juice
300ml double cream
2 tsp orange essence
Zest of 1 large orange
200g icing sugar
400g plain or milk chocolate
1tbsp golden syrup
Cocoa powder (to dust)
2lb loaf tin
1. Pour 250ml orange in a flat dish and soak the bread (crusts off) for five minutes. To add a sweet crunch, toast the slices before soaking.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the mascarpone, icing sugar, orange essence and orange zest together.
3. Once combined, whip in 300ml double cream to form a stiff mixture… Make sure you keep an eye out – careful not to over whip it.
4. Leave the creamy mixture to one side whilst melting the chocolate over a hob. Once all the chocolate has melted, stir in 1tbsp butter and 1 tbsp golden syrup and stir until melted.
5. To assemble, line the loaf tin with clingfilm (as this will make it easier to remove the final product).
6. Firstly, add a layer of bread at the base of the tin, followed by a layer of chocolate sauce and finally a layer of creamy mixture.
7. Repeat these steps until all of your ingredients are gone!
8. Pop in the freezer and chill for 2 hours before transferring to the fridge overnight for best results.
9. Once set - remove from the tin (you may need to warm the outside slightly if it’s not for shifting), sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve!
There are no comments for this article at the moment. To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.