Date: Saturday 1st October 2011
Hello my name is Jen and Welcome to the Love Food blogs!
Finding child-friendly restaurants can sometimes be difficult but throw in coeliac friendly too and the task can almost feel like an impossible task! So Glutafin have been on the case to find you gluten free restaurants for you and your family. We have found a few chain restaurants that we hope will fit the taste buds of all the family!
• Las Iguanas - a Latin American/Mexican restaurant. The kids menu offers a great variety and the menu is easy to use as they specify which meals can be made gluten free! If the menu isn’t fitting their taste buds then smaller portions are available from the main gluten free menu dishes at half the price! They also offer free organic baby food or mashed banana and they can help with reheating baby milk.
• Bella Italia – an Italian restaurant. This chain restaurant is in many areas across the UK and now offers gluten free pizzas and pasta. The children’s menu has dishes on there which they state can be made gluten free because of the gluten free pizza bases and pasta it has. But we do advise ringing up the specific restaurant you want to visit to double check that your particular restaurant will be able to cater gluten free for your child!
• Wagamamas - a Pan-Asian inspired noodle restaurant. They offer a kids menu with "mini mains"! However the menus do not what is gluten free but waiting on staff have additional information they can bring you to show which meals are gluten free. Their website has a whole page dedicated to dietary requirements, so they tell you what sauces can be made gluten free. You may even want to choose your meals before you head there! The children menu has colouring in and puzzles to keep children entertained while waiting for their food!
• Leon Restaurants – a London based chain that is a new take on fast food! This restaurant is based on healthy and organic foods, with well sourced ingredients. The gluten free dishes are indicated on the menu. All the kids meals are served with a small lemonade, strawberryade or water, a LEON badge, sticker and an activity sheet to keep them entertained. The meals are all served with rice and peas.
• Le Bistrot Pierre - a French cuisine restaurant. It has it's own extensive gluten free menu, as well as a "Bébé bistrot" Kids menu. On the website it states that children can have smaller portions of any main for half price! They also have a Games sheet to download from their website for some fun!
Here are a list of gluten free restaurants for you to go. Simply pop in the postcode of wherever you are near and find some great restaurants to eat in. Let us know if you have eaten gluten free at any of these restaurants and what you think of them. I would love to blog your review! If you know any more child friendly gluten free restaurants please email Glutafin at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how they are child friendly too.
To add a comment join or log in and then add your comment.