Victoria Sponge Recipe
Cakes & Desserts
of 14 vote(s).
This family favourite sponge cake is so simple and easy (yet so delicious!) to make with our Glutafin flour mixes. Try baking it today!
Oven temperature: 180° C / Gas mark 4
150g/ 5oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix
2x5ml tsp Gluten-free baking powder*
110g/ 4oz Caster sugar
110g/4oz Butter at room temperature
2 Medium eggs
1x5ml tsp Natural vanilla essence
For the filling...
75g/3oz Jam, lemon curd or butter icing
For the topping...
25g/1oz Icing sugar (sieved)
*Check in your Coeliac UK Gluten-free Food and Drink Directory for suitable brands
1. Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat well for 2 minutes using an electric mixer until the
mixture is light, pale and fluffy with a soft dropping consistency.
2. Divide the mixture between 2 lined and greased 18cm/7inches round cake tins.
3. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the sponge is pale golden brown in colour and the cake
springs back when lightly touched.
4. Turn out onto a cooling tray.
5. Sandwich together with the filling and dust the top with the sieved icing sugar.