Soft Baps Recipe
Bread & Rolls
of 12 vote(s).
A medium size soft bread roll made using Glutafin Select Bread Mix ideal to serve with burgers, packed lunches or soup. As the baps need a mould to retain their shape use poaching rings available at good kitchen shops.
You will need:
- 350g/12oz of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Bread Mix (500g)
- 350g of Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: 190 C / Gas mark 5
350g/ 12oz Glutafin Gluten Free Select Bread Mix
1 ½ x 5ml tsp Dried yeast enclosed with Mix
350ml/ 12 fl oz Hand hot water
25g/ 1oz Butter (melted)
1 x 15ml tbsp Caster sugar
*Proving time: 80 minutes
1. Place Select Bread Mix and yeast together in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir together using a fork.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir together with a fork to make a smooth thick batter.
3. Place poaching rings onto a sheet of baking parchment paper on a baking tray. Spoon bread batter into the poaching rings. Cover whole tray with lightly oiled cling film. Leave in a warm place to prove until the batter has almost reached the top of the rings.
4. Place a roasting pan half filled with boiling water in the bottom of the oven to create a steamy cooking environment. Place proved baps onto a medium height shelf and cook until pale golden and springy to the touch.
5. Rest cooked baps on a cooling tray and cover with a clean tea towel. This helps to keep them soft. Once cool remove from the rings.
6. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days. Alternatively freeze.
Gluten-free, wheat-free option
Use 350g/ 12 oz Gluten Free Wheat Free White Mix and remaining ingredients as shown.
Freeze baps sealed in an airtight freezer bag. Defrost for 2 hours before use.