Seafood Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes & Batters
of 1 vote(s).
This is a gorgeous twist on a pancake! Delicious for those who love seafood!
You will need:
- Glutafin Gluten Free Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
- Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix (500g)
Oven temperature: -
110g/ 4oz Glutafin Multipurpose White Mix or 75g/ 3oz Glutafin Wheat free White Mix
1 Medium egg
300ml/ 10fl oz Semi-skimmed milk
1 x 15ml tbsp Vegetable oil
Small clove of Garlic
8oz/ 250g mixed fish Use a mixture of whatever fish is available, such as Pollack, cod or salmon
¼ lb/ 225g cooked shelled prawns
¼ pint/ 140mls of milk
1 bay leaf
1oz /30 g flour
6tbsp single or double cream
1oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place Glutafin Select White Mix into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and a little milk. Whisk to form a thick paste. Gradually beat in the remaining milk to obtain a smooth batter.
2. Heat 1 x 5ml tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in a little batter and tilt the pan back and forth to evenly cover the base with the batter.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side and transfer to a warm serving plate. Cover with greaseproof paper and keep warm and while the rest of the pancakes are made.
Seafood Filling Method
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and add the leeks. Cook gently until soft but not brown
2. Stir in Garlic and cook to one side
3. Cut the fish into chunks. Put into a pan with the milk, Thyme or bay leaf, heat gently until fish is just cooked. Drain and return the milk to the pan
4. Add the spinach to the milk pan, cover and simmer until wilted. Drain the spinach into a sieve placed over a bowl, pressing down well
5. Mix the spinach and the Garlicky leeks gently with the fish, reserving the milky liquid
6. Melt the rest of the butter in a small pan and stir in the flour. Cook for a minute or so, add the fishy milk. Extract the Thyme or Bay leaf from the fish
7. Stir heating gently, until the sauce is smooth and as thick as single cream. Leave to cool
8. Mix about a teaspoon of the sauce, plus the prawns, with the spinach and the fish. Taste and season, stir in 3 tbsp of cream
9. Take a tablespoon of mixture and put into the middle of the pancake. Roll up and place in a buttered oblong dish ( one large enough to take the pancakes in a single layer
10. Repeat with the rest of the pancakes, lining them up neatly.
11. Sprinkle with Parmesan.